Carrot Rice Recipe - How To Make Carrot Rice:
Carrot rice is one of my favorite lunchbox recipes now. You do not need to cook additional vegetable and a kulambu for packing lunch. I have already posted another easy lunchbox recipe - vegetable rice.You will get super yummy carrot rice only if you add right amount of carrots. My kid also now loves eating carrot rice. Just cook the rice and grate the carrots. After that, you all set to leave the kitchen in few minutes. Only effort you need to put is, grating the carrots. I would recommend you to use only freshly grated carrots for great taste. You do not need any side dish at all. Fryums are the best accompaniment for it. Would your child not fell in love with carrot rice if he/she sees the lunchbox packed with colorful carrot rice and fryums? They will. Now, let us see how to make the carrot rice.
Carrot Rice Recipe - How To Make Carrot Rice
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 2-3
Recipe Category : Variety rice
- Plain Rice/Basmati Rice - 250g
- Carrot - 2 large
- Big Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 - 1 tsp(according to your taste)
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder - 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Salt - As required
- Ghee - 1 tsp(optional, but gives nice aroma and rich taste.)
- Cashew nuts - 8 - 10(optional, but gives nice aroma and rich taste.)
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal(kadalai paruppu) - 1 tbsp
- Peanuts - 1 tbsp(optional)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 inch
- Cloves - 1
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
1. Pressure cook rice. Make sure that you should be able to separate the grains with a fork or spoon.
2. Grate the carrots and keep ready.
3. Once the rice is cooked, spread it on a plate. Fluff the rice with a fork.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add the items listed under 'To Temper' one by one. Make sure you add the mustard seeds first and allow it to splutter.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add chopped onions and saute till they turn to golden brown color.
9. Fry cashew nuts in ghee. Add it to the rice. Mix well. Although it is an optional step, do not skip it to get nice aroma and rich taste.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it with fryums or without any side dish. All set to pack the carrot rice in lunchbox :)
Hope you liked the carrot rice recipe.