Carrot Soup Recipe - How To Make Carrot Soup:
Carrot soup is a flavorful recipe which can be made very quickly when you have boiled carrots in hand. It is really a warm and soothing soup to have in the evening time. I have boiled carrots to prepare carrot poriyal for lunch. Due to time constraint, I was not able to do it. Hence I tried carrot soup recipe. Me and my kid enjoyed each and every soup. You can omit the onions and spices mentioned in the recipe and make carrot soup in the same way and give for babies too. Not to mention, it is one of the healthy and easy soup recipes.
Now, let us see how to make carrot soup.
Carrot Soup Recipe - How To Make Carrot Soup - Easy Soup Recipes:
Carrot Soup Recipe:
Carrot Soup - Carrot Soup Recipe - How To Make Carrot Soup
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins | Serves: 2
Recipe Category : Easy Soup Recipes
- Carrots - 3 medium size chopped roughly
- Onion - 1 medium size roughly chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp(optional)
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 - 1.5 tsp as you wish
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil/ghee - 1.5 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Jaggery powder - 1 tsp(optional)
- Thick Coconut milk - 50ml
- Cloves - 1
- Cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick
1. Boil carrots and keep it ready. I cooked them in pressure cooker. It will speed up the process.
2. Grind grated coconut in a mixer and extract thick coconut milk.
3. Heat ghee or oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. Saute till the raw smell goes off. Add chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent. Add carrots and mix well. Switch off the stove and allow the mixture to cool down. Take the cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom from the mixture and keep it aside for later use.
4. Grind the mixture in a mixer and make a fine paste. Add little water if required. There should not be any lumps in the ground paste.
5. Add the ground paste in the same pan. Add cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom again which we have kept aside. Add red chilli powder, salt, extracted coconut milk and powdered jaggery in the pan. Mix well and switch on the stove.
6. Discard the cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom and serve the carrot soup hot.
1. If you are preparing carrot soup for babies, you can omit onions, cloves, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste. You can add very little red chilli powder. Take out the cardamom when you give carrot soup for babies.
2. Onion gives the soup a different flavor. You can adjust the quantity as you wish.
3. We are ignoring the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom to ensure that the taste of carrot soup is not dominated by them. If you are a spice lover, you can grind it along with the onion and carrot.
4. The above carrot soup recipe I have given will be in rich and creamy consistency. If you want it to be diluted, you can add more water. You can also strain the ground mixture to get a clear soup.
5. Use thick Coconut milk to get a creamy texture. Well, if you do not have coconut in hand, you can omit. You can add fresh milk cream or little milk too.