Shahi Paneer Recipe - How to make Shahi Paneer:Shahi paneer recipe is definitely a rich and delicious recipe which is sure to be a royal treat for each and every one. I have already posted so many paneer recipes like paneer butter masala, palak paneer, paneer peas masala and paneer tawa masala. Now it is time to add one more recipe to the list.
All of us enjoyed it to the core with phulka. When I was talking with my north indian friends about paneer dishes, they suggested me to try shahi paneer. I did not even hear that name before that. When I asked them how to make Shahi paneer, each and every one gave me different recipes and I was confused very much which one to follow. When I returned back home, the first thing I wanted to check was what the Shahi Paneer actually is.
Now, the another main thing I want to tell you is, Shahi is the Indo-Persian term for royal. Some of my friends told me that they do not add tomato in this recipe. But I like to add tomato for its tangy taste.
Shahi Paneer Recipe - How to make Shahi Paneer:
Shahi Paneer Recipe - How to make Shahi PaneerPrep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 Mins | Serves: 2 - 3
Recipe Category : Side dish for chapathi and rice
- Paneer - 12 medium sized cubes
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Dried Kasuri methi leaves - 1 - 1.5 tbsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt- As required
- Oil/Ghee(preferable) - 1 tsp
- Big onion - 1 roughly chopped or handful of small onions
- Tomato - 1 roughly chopped
- Green chilli - 1 split
- Cloves - 2
- Elachi/Cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch
- Ginger - 1/2 inch and garlic - 6 small flakes(or ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp)
- Oil/Ghee(preferable) - 1 tbsp
- Cashewnuts - 10(Grind with little water and make a paste)or
- milk 1/4 cup and milk aadai(or fresh cream) - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - to garnish
1. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee or oil in a pan, add cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves. Saute for few seconds and then add ginger and garlic(or ginger garlic paste). Saute till the raw smell goes off. Add onions and green chilli and saute till the onion turns translucent.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool. Meanwhile, boil little water and soak the paneer in hot water for 10 minutes. Transfer the contents in a pan to a mixie and grind to a fine paste.
3. Heat another 1 tsp of oil/ghee in the same pan, add the ground paste, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and required salt. Add cashew paste or milk and cream combination as mentioned in the ingredients list. Add little water if required. Boil it till it turns to golden brown color. The soaked paneer has become soft by now. Drain the water and transfer the paneer cubes alone to the pan. Add dried kasuri methi leaves and cook till the mixture turns to gravy consistency. Check salt. Add red chilli powder if required. The paneer cubes should get coated well with the gravy. Switch off the stove.
Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Make sure to bookmark the recipe of shahi paneer now itself to give your family and friends a royal treat:)
Hope you liked the Shahi Paneer recipe. Please try it out and let me know.