Chana Chaat Recipe - How to make Chana Chaat - Beach Side Chana chat:
Chana Chaat recipe I have shared here is one of the most healthy chat recipes. We are not adding any fried items like bhel, poori or papdi. Making chana chat is also quiet easy. Once you have the cooked chana in hand, you are 95 percent done and you have only 5 minutes task remaining to get a wonderful chana chat in hand. I would say it is definitely a healthy evening snack option for adults and kids.
Actually I had no plans to make this chana chaat. One day I soaked chana(white chicpeas, konda kadalai in tamil) overnight for making chana pulao for the next day lunch. I had a lot of chana leftover. So, I drained the excess water and kept in fridge for one more day for making chana masala for poori. But I was too busy to make it and I picked up this easy chana chaat recipe to use the leftover chana.
You must have tasted this chana chaat if you like eating chat items in beach. Now let us see how to make chana chaat.
Easy Chana Chaat Recipe - How to make Chana Chaat - Beach Side Chana chatPrep Time: 5 mins | Serves: 2
Recipe Category : Chat items, Evening snacks
- Kabuli Chana, White chickpeas(Konda kadalai) - 2 cups
- Big onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 finely chopped
- Chat Masala powder - 2 tsp or as much as you like
- Salt - As required
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped or as much as you like
- Lemon juice, Tomato Sauce, Curd - As required(optional)
2. Take a mixing bowl. Add boiled chana, finely chopped onions and tomato slices, chat masala powder, salt and chopped coriander leaves. Add lemon juice if you like. Mix it well with a spoon and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
3. Serve after 10 minutes. Top it up with tomato sauce and curd if you like.
1. You must allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes at least to get the full flavor.
2. Use freshly cut onions and tomatoes.
3. The quantity of Chat masala can be varied according to your personal preference.
4. I did not have lemon juice ready in stock. So, I did not add it. But still it tasted so good.
5. Do not add water. Adding tomato slices makes the chana chat little bit juicy.
Hope you liked the Chana Chaat Recipe.