Paneer Kofta Recipe - How to make Paneer Kofta:
Paneer kofta is tempting me even to think about it. It is so soft, tasty and perfect for kids and guests. It is good to learn Paneer kofta recipe especially who make paneer at home. See how to make paneer at home here. I am sure sometimes you will have left out crumbled paneer or you might have not got perfect paneer cubes. At that time you can make this Paneer Kofta very quickly. The ingredients are also not something you have to go out and buy.
I tried it yesterday and we all loved it so much. I cursed myself for making only 8. There was a tough competition from my kid for eating this paneer kofta. Even though I liked it so much, I limited myself to only 2 as he loved it so much. I also wanted my hubby to enjoy his share. So, I had to put boundary myself.
There was a time when all of my teammates used to compete with each other to eat as far as we can when I was working. We used to order more and more especially starters while going for treat. But now, nobody is there to order for more. Its me who has to prepare :) Laziness becomes a matter too. My kid is the only one in the world for whom I sacrifice my favorite snack items and ice creams :) I am happy about this change.
Paneer Kofta Recipe - How to make Paneer KoftaCooking Time: 15 mins approx
Recipe Category : Snack Recipes
- Paneer - 50 grams crumbled paneer
- Potato - 2 medium size
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour - 3/4 tbsp
- Milk powder - 3/4 tbsp(optional but strongly recommended)
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp as required
- Pepper powder or Chat Masala powder - 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt - To taste
1. Chop potatoes roughly and pressure cook them for 3 whistles in high flame and 5 minutes in simmer. Peel off the cooked potatoes and keep them ready.
2. Take mashed potatoes, crumbled paneer, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, corn flour, milk powder, pepper powder or chat masala powder(optional), chopped coriander leaves and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix them. Do not add water.
3. Make small balls and flatten them like cutlets. Keep them ready. You can make balls also. Shape is your wish.
4. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Deep fry one the balls till they turn golden brown color.
Aloo Paneer Kofta is ready to serve. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
1. Pepper powder is optional. I did not add as my kid does not love it.
2. You can substitute corn flour with rice flour. But taste will be little different.
3. The paneer kofta recipe here will not give you spicy paneer koftas. So, it is perfect for kids too. Even you can give it to 1 year old babies. If you want spicy paneer koftas, feel free to add more pepper powder, ginger garlic paste and more red chilli powder too. You can alter the recipe according to your taste buds.
4. According to your stove, keep the stove in low flame or medium flame while deep frying paneer kofta. They get cooked very quickly and also get burnt easily. So, please keep the koftas completely ready before you start deep frying. You can save the gas too. Deep frying part is a quick process.
5. Do not skip milk powder. It adds nice flavor. Add khoya or almond flour if you dont have milk powder.
6. You can add dry fruits and chopped nuts also in the koftas to make it more healthy.