Homemade Amla Curry Leaves Hair Oil - Herbal Hair oil for hair growth, premature greying:
I have already posted how to make amla hair oil and curry leaves oil at home in this blog. This time, I am posting how to prepare a mixed hair oil with amla, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds for hair growth and prevention of premature greying. Nowadays, grey hairs have become quite common among teens. I am seeing even kids with grey hairs. Greying because of heredity is the only one thing that you cannot fight easily. Other than that, you can prevent premature greying easily with good diet and stress-free lifestyle. Lack of nutrients results in hair fall and premature greying.
- Also Read the benefits of Amla for hair.
Along with proper dieting and stress-free lifestyle, this homemade herbal hair oil can surely give you a lustrous hair. You can even use this oil daily. If you are not worried about oily hair, you do not need to wash with shampoo or shikakai every time. Normal hair rinse is enough.
Also Read - How to make Shikakai powder at home.
Major difference I noticed with this mixed herbal hair oil:
I am not using homemade amla hair oil(coconut oil and amla hair oil) frequently. But I am using homemade curry leaves hair oil regularly. My mom prepared this mixed herbal hair oil once at my home. I loved the aroma very much than the plain curry leaves hair oil.
This mixed herbal oil is not sticky when compared to homemade curry leaves hair oil.
Now let us see how to prepare amla and curry leaves hair oil for hair loss and premature greying treatment.
Ingredients for Amla Curry Leaves Hair oil
Indian Gooseberry | Amla | Nellikai - 2 pieces
Curry Leaves - 1/4 cup or 50 grams
Fenugreek seeds - 1teaspoon
How to prepare Homemade Amla Curry Leaves Hair oil with fenugreek seeds for hair growth, premature greying and hair fall problems?
1. Soak Amla, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds in water for 15 minutes.
2. Rinse them well with the water to remove the dirts accumulated. Strain the water. Cut the amla into small pieces and remove the seeds from amla.
3. Put amla pieces, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds in a mixie. Do not add water. Grind it to a coarse paste.
4. Heat coconut oil in a thick bottomed kadai in low flame.
5. Add the ground paste to the pan.
6. Keep stirring till the paste turns to brown color. The sizzling sound should also stop. Switch it off immediately. Cool down the hair oil at least for an hour. The color of the paste must have turned a little bit darker. Now homemade amla curry leaves hair oil is ready for filtering.
7. Filter the amla curry leaves hair oil. I have used a stainless steel tea filter for filtering the herbal hair oil. Store the oil in a glass container for longer shelf life.
Your homemade amla curry leaves hair oil is ready to use.
2. Unrefined or cold pressed coconut oil is the best. You can even regular Parachute coconut oil, VVD coconut oils too.
3. Do not burn the oil or the paste. In case if you get a burnt smell, discard the oil.
4. Never leave the oil unattended on the flame. Oils tend to catch fire easily when left unattended.
5. Proper dieting and stress-free life is quite necessary to see the drastic changes in hair.
6. Try including amla with honey, fig, dry grapes(black), dates, sesame laddu, spinach in your diet to get great results.
To see the visible difference - Use for 2 months if you oil your hair daily and for 6 months if you apply around 3 times weekly.
How to prepare Amla Powder at home
Homemade Curry Leaves Hair Oil recipe
Homemade Amla Hair Oil
How to preserve amla in honey
Amla powder benefits for hair, skin and face
Amla raita recipe
Amla rice recipe
Amla Pickle Recipe
Here is a video of homemade amla curry leaves hair oil preparation method.
If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.