How to remove Dandruff from hair permanently at home fast With Home Remedies?
How frustrating is it when you have little tiny white flakes deposited on your shoulder or settled on the surface of your hairs? Yes, it’s completely annoying! But not to worry as you’re not the only one out there. Dandruff also referred as Seborrhea, is the most common problem that majority of the Indian population face till date irrespective of the gender. Even though it has a high probability of occurring during the teens, it can also be observed among various age groups. So the next question that automatically arises is how to address the issue? To answer that, there are numerous treatments that are readily available but if you want to opt for safe, simple remedies that can be tried at home itself, then read through the article. I am sure that it would be of great help to you!
We call Dandruff problem as Podugu Thollai in Tamil Nadu. Although market is flooded with a lot of anti-dandruff shampoos, we can try some home remedies too to remove the dandruff naturally at home.
Names of Dandruff in different Indian Languages:
Dandruff in Tamil - Podugu
Hindi - Roosi
Marathi - Dokyatila Konda
Malayalam - Taran
Telugu - Cundru
Kannada - Hurupu
Gujarati - Khodo
How to remove Dandruff from hair permanently and naturally at home fast With Home Remedies?
Below are some of the best home remedies to get rid of dandruff permanently at your home itself instead of spending huge bucks in chemical products.
Just try these home remedies to remove your dandruff fast before trying chemical products for dandruff removal.
Lemon for dandruff removal - Home Remedies to remove dandruff permanently at home fast:
Lemon is simply a superb fruit to treat dandruff issues as it contains:
- Vitamin C and anti-oxidants
- Anti- fungal and anti – bacterial properties
- Acidic and healing properties that balance the pH level of the scalp and reduces itchiness
How to use Lemon to remove dandruff permanently at home?
Add 1 part of lemon juice to 2 parts of pure water. Have this as a last rinse as part of your hair wash routine.
If you are someone who uses egg white for your hair, add lemon juice along with it and apply it on the scalp.
This ingredient can be used in many ways to remove dandruff as it contains,
One of the simplest techniques to get rid of dandruff in a jiffy is pouring water mixed with vinegar(4:1) on your hair and gently massaging it. You will notice that the flakes disappear instantly! Once you get rid of dandruff, you can have vinegar wash once in a week to keep dandruff at bay.
- Acetic acid that eliminates the bacteria and fungus on the scalp.
- Potassium and other essential enzymes that reduce the itchiness on the scalp.
- Essential vitamins that increase the blood circulation on the scalp.
How to use Vinegar to remove dandruff permanently at home?
Tulsi and Neem for dandruff removal - Home Remedies to remove dandruff permanently at home fast:
Neem leaf is a medicinal herb that is beneficial to us in many ways. It is one of the excellent home remedies to remove dandruff as it contains the following elements:
- Antiseptic properties to keep scalp infections at bay.
- Anti-bacterial and ant viral properties that eliminate the bacteria and fungus on the scalp.
- Natural oils that keeps the scalp moisturised.
Tulsi also has such excellent properties ot remove dandruff permanently at home.
How to use Tulsi Neem to remove dandruff permanently at home?
You can either make a paste out of neem leaves and tulsi leaves with water and apply on your scalp or boil the neem and tulsi leaves in water for 30 minutes and use it to rinse your hair.
Check how to make a homemade hair mask with neem. You can add tulsi leaves also in the hair mask.
Fenugreek for dandruff removal - Home Remedies to remove dandruff permanently at home fast:
Like neem, fenugreek seeds find its use to treat dandruff and other scalp problems since the ancient times. The main reason being its nutritional properties.
- It contains protein and nicotinic which reduce hair fall and remove dandruff.
- Packed with an ingredient called lecithin, it hydrates the scalp and keeps it moisturised.
- It strengthens the roots of the hair thereby, making it shiny and bouncy.
How to use Fenugreek to remove dandruff permanently at home?
The simplest way to use these seeds is by soaking them in water overnight and grinding them to a smooth paste the next day. Apply the paste on your scalp and let it rest for an hour. Rinse with a mild shampoo.
Using fenugreek hair oil and homemade hair oils made with fenugreek seeds continuously not only helps to remove dandruff permanently but also helps preventing it from coming back.
I am making my Amla curry leaves homemade oil with fenugreek seeds. Check how to prepare amla curry leaves hair oil at home.
Curd for dandruff removal - Home Remedies to remove dandruff permanently at home fast:
An excellent hair tonic to treat dandruff, hair loss and other scalp related issues as it contains:If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.
- Acidic properties that balances the pH level of the scalp.
- Rich in Vitamin B5 and proteins
- Anti-bacterial properties that eliminate bacteria
- Cleansing properties that condition the hair.
How to use curd to remove dandruff permanently at home?
A combination of whipped curd with a teaspoon of black pepper powder or with an egg is an effective anti- dandruff remedy. Allow either of the masks to stay for around one hour and then rinse with a mild shampoo.
You can also use curd along with green gram flour for making a simple yet effective hair mask to remove dandruff naturally at home. You can add Aloe Vera gel also along with green gram flour and curd.
Other Home Remedies to get rid of Dandruff Permanently at home:
- Add a drop of tea tree oil along with any other hair oil like coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil can help to get rid of dandruff naturally.
- Regular application of olive oil helps to remove dandruff if the dandruff is because of the dry scalp.
- Beetroot for dandruff - An awesome vegetable that is proven to be highly effective in treating dandruff. Simply the juice of beetroot can be applied onto the scalp or to improvise you can grind a piece of ginger along with beetroot and massage your scalp with this paste. This is sure to cure your dandruff problem in a week’s time.
How to prevent Dandruff from coming back?
Here are some tips to prevent dandruff from coming back.
- Stress is the cause of the many hair, skin and health problems. Just throw away all the things from your mind which cause the stress.
- Regular application of hair oil and combing.
- Sitck to a healthy and balanced diet. Include vegetables, fruits, nuts and dry fruits.
- Regular hair washing with mild shampoo or shikakai.
- Exercise, Yoga or walking to maintain overall health including the health of your hair.