Paati Vaithiyam - Naatu Vaithiyam - Tamil Maruthuvam:The aim of this page is to document all the tried and tested home remedies with natural ingredients for different ailments. I absolutely agree that we need medical intervention for serious illness. But do you think that a stomach problem due to heat, pimples and common cold needs chemical pills to be taken inside? The answer is no. When your kid catches a common cold, try using Paati Vaithiyam in the initial stage itself to stop them becoming serious. When the cold becomes severe, you might need to give tablets. We might end up in giving antibiotics too sometimes if doctors prescribe. Also, I am seeing some ladies consulting dermatologist for common pimples and end up applying lot of chemical creams on skin. Do you think it is necessary?
Please note that these remedies are only for reference and these are not substitutes for consultation with a qualified doctor.
As I am from Tamil Nadu, you can see most of the naatu vaithiyam and paati vaithiyam are being popularly used in Tamil Nadu.
Note: We will add many more Naatu Vaithiyam tips here. Like Us in Facebook or Subscribe to our newsletter. You can also bookmark this page for future reference.
Paati Vaithiyam | Naatu Vaithiyam | Tamil Maruthuvam:
Paati Vaithiyam For Cold & Cough:
- Sitharathai - This is my most favorite remedy that works every time.
- Honey and Cinnamon
- Pepper and Turmeric Milk
- Camphor and Coconut Oil
- Chukku Coffee
- Nilavembu Kashayam
- All-in-one health tonic(Good to give weekly once for babies of 1 year and above).
- Boil a glass of water. Add 1 tsp lemon and 1 tsp honey. It gives relief from fever, cold, cough, body pain and headache. Drink twice a day.
- Boil a glass of water. Crush 1 inch ginger. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and crushed ginger. Add honey for taste. It gives relief from fever, cold, cough, body pain and headache. Drink twice a day.
Paati Vaithiyam for Gas Problem:
Paati Vaithiyam for Constipation:
- Boil a glass of water. Add 1 tsp lemon and 1 tsp honey. It gives relief from constipation. Drink twice a day.
- For babies - Give 2 tsp of warm water. You can also soak 3 raisins in water overnight. Next day, crush the raisins and extract the juice. Filter the juice and give along with the soaked water.
Paati Vaithiyam for Indigestion:
Paati Vaithiyam for Pimples:
Paati Vaithiyam for Glowing Skin:
Paati Vaithiyam For Headache:
- Headache due to gas in stomach - Take a tbsp of curd, a pinch of Sukku powder, a pinch of Jeera powder, a pinch of Hing and add salt. Whip it either manually or in a mixie. Add a glass of water and drink. If head-ache is due to gas in the stomach, the headache will be gone. - This tip is shared by a beloved Aunty. You can consume this even daily too.
- Headache due to heaviness
Paati Vaithiyam for Ulcer:
- Amla and Honey for stomach ulcer.
- Manathakkali Keerai for Mouth and stomach ulcer.
Paati Vaithiyam For Weight Loss:
- Drink warm water with honey in the morning.
Paati Vaithiyam for Body Heat:
- Cut 5 small onions into small pieces. Add with buttermilk and drink. You can also eat as such.
- Rose Kulkand
Paati Vaithiyam for Memory Powder:
- Roast rice and Thippili. Grind it to a fine powder. Store it in a glass jar. Add 3 pinches of the powder and honey. Give it to children.
How to use the Paati Vaithiyam - Tamil Maruthuvam effectively?Let me tell you how I use Paati Vaithiyam practically at home.
If my kid catches a common cold, I start giving Sitharathai with honey immediately. Sometimes it goes in one dosage and sometimes 2 dosage. That's it. Usually common cold does not go beyond more than 3 days if I give Sithrathai in the initial stage itself. If I leave it as such, I find phlegm and cough are coming following the common cold. The suffering will continue for 7 days at least if left untreated.
If I get any pimples on my face, I apply more turmeric powder or neem oil on the pimple. Sometimes I allow it to go naturally too. I have found that if I eat oily snacks regularly, I am getting pimples for sure. For example, whenever I buy murukku from shops and eat it for 3-4 days, I get pimples without fail. Find out the causes of your pimples and if you find any correlation between pimples and any of your lifestyle habits, you can easily avoid it.
I have given only the remedies which are generally safe and applicable for only healthy individuals. All remedies might not be safe for everyone. For eg, remedies with honey might not be good for diabatic patients. It is always good to consult a qualified doctor or your grannies and mother before introducing any new herbs.
If you know any Paati Vaithiyam, share with us in the comment section or mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send only the Paati Vaithiyam which is tried by you or people whom you know. We will add them here so that you and your generations can refer it later. If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.