Nuts Laddu - Nuts Ladoo - Nuts Balls - Energy Bites Recipe:
Are you tired of running behind your kid to give different varieties of nuts? Does you kid have no desire to eat nuts? Do you feel boring to eat different types of nuts? Adults have another challenge too in eating nuts. People with weak teeth find it difficult to chew the nuts. Hence they avoid it. Also, nuts easily go and sit between your teeth. If you know the health benefits of nuts, you will force yourself or your kids to eat nuts even though there are a number of challenges involved in eating those tiny healthy nuts.
Women have one more challenge of feeding the different types of nuts to each and every one of the family. It is a tough task counting the nuts and giving to everyone.
Initially, I felt interested in counting and eating the nuts. Of late, I got bored in eating the nuts. But I do not want to drop them from my diet. Though my kid and hubby have no issues in eating the nuts and dry fruits, I seriously felt boring somehow.
I prepared sesame laddu last week using my mom's recipe. The taste was good and hence the demand too. It was easy to eat those healthy seeds when those were in a form of tasty laddu.
- Check out my last snacks recipe - French Fries without oven
Amma does not make nuts laddu. Hence, I planned to follow the same recipe of sesame laddu to prepare nuts laddu. Wow! The taste was indeed awesome! I just need a minute to give myself a super healthy sweet treat in the form of energy balls!
I take these energy balls in the morning just after my cup of coffee. I find it filling as I have to prepare breakfast and lunch before 6:45 AM. I give this nuts laddu to my kid after he comes from school. My hubby did not have time to take breakfast today. So, I gave him one nuts laddu and packed brown channa sundal for him in a small snacks box. I did not have any tension that he is missing his breakfast. If you are someone who does workouts, these energy bites can be helpful for you.
About Shelf Life:
These energy balls have to be stored in an air tight box. As we are melting jaggery with water to remove impurities, it is better to store the nuts ladoo in the refrigerator. It will be good for at least 3 days even if you do not refrigerate. I did not try keeping it outside beyond 3 days.
If you are very sure about the quality of jaggery or you feel that it does not have any impurities, you can just grind it along with nuts. In this case, you do not need to refrigerate. You can keep it outside itself. Just add melted ghee to make the nuts laddu balls.
These energy bites recipe is perfectly fine if you are having a sweet tooth or if you are preparing for kids. If you want to reduce the quantity, you can very well reduce.
I promise you to share my sesame laddu recipe very soon. Before that, let me share the nuts laddu recipe. Let me also call this as my energy bites recipe.
Step by step instructions with photos - Nuts Laddu - Nuts Balls - Energy Bites Recipe:
1. Dry roast the almonds till nice aroma comes. Almonds will start getting brown spots here and there. Do not burn it. Keep it aside.
2. Dry roast the cashew nuts till nice aroma comes. Almonds will start getting brown spots here and there. Do not burn it. Keep it aside.
3. Dry roast the walnuts till nice aroma comes. Almonds will start getting brown spots here and there. Do not burn it. Keep it aside.
4. Dry roast the groundnuts till nice aroma comes. Almonds will start getting brown spots here and there. Do not burn it. Keep it aside. I have bought roasted groundnuts. So, I skipped this step.
5. Dry roast the pistachios till nice aroma comes. Almonds will start getting brown spots here and there. Do not burn it. Keep it aside. I have bought light salted and roasted pistachios. So, I skipped this step.
6. Powder everything together once they are cool. Just make a coarse powder in a mixie. If your jaggery is pure, you can add powdered jaggery along with nuts while making the powder.
7. Powder jaggery and melt it with water. Once the jaggery gets dissolved filter it to remove impurities. Keep the jaggery syrup ready. If you have ground the jaggery along with nuts, you can just melt the ghee and add cardamom powder in it. Switch off the stove.
8. Add the melted jaggery/ghee to the nuts little by little. Bind everything together.
9. Make a small gooseberry sized nuts balls.
Tasty and healthy nuts laddu is ready. Store in an airtight box.
A sweet warning! You might love to grab these nut balls frequently. You should not overdose yourself with nuts. So, keep the container far from your sight!
I am adding this recipe to my collection of easy snacks recipes for kids. If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.