Samayal Kurippu - Popular Samayal Tips in Tamil Nadu with free PDF download:
There are lot of Samayal Kurippugal followed in Tamil Nadu. These samayal tips will definitely ease your cooking and enable you to enjoy your cooking. Cooking is an art, and this art comes out beautiful when you know few tips that makes your cooking hassle free. Cooking is known as Samayal in Tamil language.
Beginners will also need a lot of cooking tips so that they can start it with joy. Most of us start learning cooking only when we come out of our home after marriage or job. Start cooking with joy by following these cooking tips.
Here, we have shared some of the widely used Samayal Tips. To get it in a free pdf download form, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Free Samayal Kurippugal in Tamil PDF'.
Samayal Kurippu - Popular Samayal Tips in Tamil Nadu with free PDF download:
- While boiling rice for pulao, biryani or any other variety rice, you can add one spoon of oil to it. This will prevent the rice from becoming sticky and also gives a good taste. Please choose a good quality oil. Cold pressed oil is best when compared to refined oil.
- Start using a measurement cup and see how easy it is.
- Invest in a teaspoon, tablespoon, and cups in different measurement if you mostly refer internet for cooking.
- While cooking dhal in a pressure cooker, you can add a teaspoon of ghee or oil to avoid the water overflowing. You can also cover the cooker whistle with kitchen tissue so that there is no water leakage. I have seen my grandma adding a drop of castor oil when she cooks toor dal in an open pot.
- Use turmeric powder in all possible dishes. Turmeric powder has a lot of health benefits besides giving the dish a nice color.
- Adding salt to potatoes or eggs while boiling will help you peel its skin easily.
- Always fry the lady's finger in a dry pan before making any dish. This will help you from the stickiness caused by lady’s finger.
- Always preheat the microwave oven before baking cakes or while doing grill dishes.
- To make soft idlies, add soaked poha(aval in Tamil) to the batter while grinding.
- For softer chapathi, add warm water and warm milk while kneading the dough. You add a pinch of sugar and two teaspoon of ghee to get a caramel color to the chapati. This also makes chapati extra soft.
- Place a betel leaf on the idly or dosa batter to prevent batter from becoming sour.
- Sprinkle some flour on the raisins to prevent it from becoming sticky.
- Removing the stems of green chillies and storing them will give them a longer life.
- Peel the skin of onion and soak it in water for few minutes, to avoid tears.
- Soak the garlic for 10 – 15 minutes and then you can easily peel out the skin. You can also put this in an air tight container and store it for weeks.
- Buy seasonal vegetables like peas, clean them and put it in a zip lock cover and store it in the freezer, you can have this for months and use whenever needed.
- To store fish or mutton for more than a day, clean it well, apply salt and turmeric powder, and store it in the refrigerator.
- Add few neem leaves to rice or sugar containers to avoid ants or other insects entering into the container.
- Always wash the fruits and vegetables before peeling or cutting, this will retain the vitamins in them.
- Storing the curry leaves in aluminum vessel keep it fresh for a longer time.
- Add ghee for seasoning instead of oil, this is healthier and tastier too.
- Make ginger garlic paste and add a little salt to it. You can preserve this for months by keeping it in the refrigerator. Use 60% of garlic and 40% of ginger because ginger taste is strong.
- Soak cauliflower in warm water and add a pinch of salt to it, leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse, this will remove the tiny insects present in cauliflower.
- Boiled potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator and used while making dough for rotis or naan.
- Put mango, custard apple or chikku in the rice container to make the fruit ripen faster.
- You can make cashew paste and store it, this can be used to thicken the gravies.
- You can grind roasted gram to thicken vegetable kurma and kulambu varieties.
- You can grind rice and add it to puli kulambu to make it thicker if it is watery.
- Soak almonds in boiling water for 15 minutes to peel out the skin easily.
- Store the grated coconut in an air tight container and keep it in the refrigerator, use this whenever you want.
- You can add rice flour mixed with water to thicken gravies. Adding hot water will enhance its taste.
- Always use roasted rava to make non sticky and tastier upma’s. If you don’t find roasted rava in the shops you can roasted them in a dry pan until it is hot, need not wait till it turns brown, you can remove it when you touch and feel that the rava is hot.
- Adding a pinch of salt while frying the onions will make it fry faster.
- Add a teaspoon of corn flour to get crispier pakoras or gobi fry.
- Add garlic or hing to dhal or curries, this will aid in digestion. It is also very good to add jeera to the dishes.
- To get bright red chilli paste, soak the red chilli in the water for an hour and then grind it, you will get bright red chilli paste.
- Cut the egg- plant into half and put it in the water to avoid discoloration. You can add honey to apples to retain its color and avoid from becoming brown.
- To maintain the white color of rice, add few drops of lemon juice, this will give a bright white color to the rice.
- Add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor of any sweet dish.
- Clean the vessel with the water in which you had boiled potatoes, this will make the vessel look shinier.
- Never store the diced onions in refrigerator, onions should be used before 2 hours once it is cut, if not it will lead to stomach upset.
- Add green chilly to the hing powder to maintain its texture.
- Peel the ginger skin and add one piece of ginger to curd this prevents the curd from getting sour.
- Is your dish too salty? Don’t worry, add few pieces of potatoes to the dish, this will solve the problem.
- Does the dosa stick to the pan, cut onion into two half, talk one half and rub it on the pan, you will get crispier dosa. You can also tie tamarind in a piece of cloth and dip it in the oil and rub in on the pan to get good dosas.
- If you forgot to soak rajma / any other cereal overnight, soak them in boiling water for an hour before cooking.
- Roating the spices or dry fruits and nuts like almonds, cashews will enhance the taste.
- Apply ghee inside the vessel to avoid overflow while boiling the milk.
- Put two spoons of cooked rice in dosa batter to get cripy dosas.
- Don’t like the flavour of cabbage, add a bay leaf to cabbage while cooking, this will remove the smell of cabbage and also give a nice flavor.
- To easily squeeze juice from tamarind, soak tamarind in warm water and add salt, you will get tamarind juice in minutes.
- Roll the lemon in a flat surface with a little pressure, this will help you get the lemon juice easily and the seeds will also come out easily.
- To make soft and fluffy omlette and some milk to the egg and beat it thoroughly.
- Add some salt to the frying pan to prevent oil from splashing.
- Do not add salt while cooking dhal, this will take lesser time to cook.
- Always use full cream milk while making sweets and pudding, this gives a creamy texture and extra taste to the dish.
- Refrigerating puri dough before making puris will consume less oil and you will also get crispier puri.
- You can use channa dhal as a substitute for potatoes if you are making any stuffing for naan or samosa or any other chats.
- Use tamarind juice to clean pithalai items, this will give a shinier look.
- Use lemon juice or vinegar to clean the oil stains, stove tops or kitchen surfaces. Vinegar easily removes the oil stains.
I always recommend using fresh ingredients. For convenience and ease, I have given some tips to store in refrigerator. Storing in refrigerator will be helpful if you are a working woman.
Hope this article has given you enough information about the preserving tips, cooking tips and general tips. Make use of this and become a kitchen expert. Hope you enjoyed the tips on 'Samayal Kurippu - Popular Samayal Tips in Tamil Nadu with free PDF download'.If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.