Paneer Dosa Recipe | Paneer Masala Dosa - How to make Paneer Dosa:
Paneer dosa is my recent favorite dosa variety nowadays. I did not have any plan in mind to prepare paneer masala dosa. Before going to my native last month for vacation, I just wanted to clear the stock in my fridge. Paneer was there and a huge stock of of idli dosa batter was also there. I did not want to waste both of them. So, I tried making paneer dosa. I would say it was awesome. I liked it too much. It tasted better than I imagined.
Serving suggestion: Serve it hot. Otherwise, it will not meet your expectation. So, eat it hot. Serve with any chutney recipe you like. My personal preference is plain coconut chutney. It is the best accompaniment for paneer dosa according to me. I have posted many chutney recipes in this blog. You can check them here.
Make sure to soak the paneer in hot water for 10 minutes as I mentioned in the instructions. Otherwise, the paneer will not be soft.
Paneer Dosa Recipe | Paneer Masala Dosa(How to make Paneer Dosa)Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 Mins | Makes: 4 - 5 dosa
Recipe Category : Main course
- Paneer - 1 cup
- Big onion - 2 sliced
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1/8 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt- As required
- Oil - 1/2 tsp + to cook the dosa
1. Soak paneer in hot water for 10 minutes. Crumble the paneer with your hands and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, saute mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter. Add urad dal, jeera, ginger garlic paste, onion. Saute till the onion slices turn translucent. Add chopped tomato cubes, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Saute till the tomato cubes become mushy. Add crumbled paneer and mix well. Switch off the stove.
3. Keep the dosa batter little watery to make perfect dosa(not too much of water). Heat tawa and grease the tawa with oil. Pour a ladle of dosa batter and spread in circular motion with the back of the laddle. Drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa. As dosa gets cooked, holes will start appearing and the back side will start turning golden brown color. Flip it over the other side and cook the other side as well.
4. Once the other side gets cooked, flip the dosa again and spread the paneer filling in half of the dosa. Fold the dosa and take it out from the stove. Paneer dosa is ready to serve.
Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Hope you liked the Paneer Dosa Recipe. To check chutney recipes, click here - easy chutney recipes.If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.