Kothu Parotta Recipe | How to make veg Kothu Parotta | Vegetable Kothu Parotta:
Side dish suggestion: So simple :) Just go for Onion raitha. No other side dish can be a better accompaniment for kothu parotta.
Storage suggestion: Well, you will completely finish this tasty kothu parota in one shot. You can refrigerate the left over kothu parotta if required. Just drizzle water and heat kothu parotta in low flame just before serving.
Kothu Parotta Recipe - How to make veg Kothu Parotta - Vegetable Kothu Parotta:
Kothu Parotta Recipe - How to make veg Kothu Parotta
Preparation Time:5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves: 2 approx
Recipe Category: Breakfast and dinner | Recipe Cuisine: India
- Parotta - 4
- Salna - 1 cup or as required
- Big onion - 1 chopped lengthwise
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Capsicum - 1/2
- Red chilli powder - To taste if required
- Salt - to taste
- Tomato sauce - 1 tsp(optional)
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Water - As required
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
1. Cut parottas into desired sizes. It should be 1 to 2 inches as you wish.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add chopped big onion slices and saute till they turn translucent. Add tomato and let it turn mushy. Add chopped capsicum pieces and allow it to get half cooked.
3. Add salna, red chilli powder, salt, tomato sauce in the pan and give a quick mix. Add the parotta pieces in the pan. Add little water to get everything cooked and mix well. The parotta pieces should absorb the salna and other ingredients well. Adjust salt and red chilli powder. Once the parotta pieces completely blend with the mixture, switch off the stove. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Your kothu parotta is ready.
1. If the salna is already very hot and spicy, you can omit red chilli powder. Add it if required.
2. Adjust tomato sauce according to your need.
3. If the kothu parotta becomes too spicy because of you salna, you can add little sugar when you serve for kids.
4. If you are going to use left over parottas for this recipe, refrigerate them overnight. You can use fresh parotta slices also.
Hope you liked the post - Kothu P.arotta Recipe | How to make veg Kothu Parotta | Vegetable Kothu Parotta