What is Canola oil - Canola oil vs Olive oil, Canola Oil uses and health benefits:
Do you know Canola oil also belongs to the same botanical family as of Cabbage, Broccoli and Cauliflower? Canola oil is rapidly gaining popularity in India. If you are not aware of the facts of Canola oil, it is time to know about it. Canola oil can help you to stay healthy by making your cooking healthy. Simple replacement of ghee or butter with Canola oil in the ingredients list makes your recipes more healthy. Let us know more facts about Canola oil and start using in our cooking for healthy reasons.
What is Canola Oil?
Canola oil is taken from the crushed seeds from the Canola Plant. It has lowest saturated fat when compared to olive oil, sunflower oil, corn oil and many other vegetable oils. But it is very high in other healthy unsaturated fatty acids.
Canola oil in hindi is Safed Sarso thel.
Saturated Fat Content - Canola Oil vs other Vegetable oils
Canola oil - 7%
Sunflower oil - 12%
Corn oil - 13%
Olive oil - 15%
Top five Health Benefits of Canola Oil:
- Reduces weight
- Reduces liver fat, lipids and triglycerides
- Low in saturated fats
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
- High in mono saturated fats that help in healthy cardiovascular function
How can you effectively use Canola oil in cooking?
Use for salad dressings, marinades and sauces.
Coat your normal, non sitck or electric rice cooker pans with Canola oil for non stick cooking
Replace it for solid fats like ghee and butter
Results from Recent studies on Canola Oil:
1. Just using the Canola oil for 6 months helped people to reduce weight and lever fat significantly
2. 1.5 tablespoon daily intake of Canola oil may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in the Canola oil
3. Switching to only Canola oil based products can help to reduce saturated fat intake by 10%