Corn Pulao | Sweet Corn Rice | Sweet Corn Pulao Recipe:Corn Pulao - Pulao cooked along with sweet corn. Corn Pulao recipe is a very simple and delicious one. I swear you that it has nice aroma if you follow the recipe exactly. Sweet corn rice can be cooked in few minutes. So, Sweet corn pulao is one of the easy dishes that can be prepared quickly in the early morning for packing lunch boxes. Kids will love it and there is no doubt in that. Also, it is such an easy recipe which can be prepared by bachelors too. Serve it for your guests too.
I have used Basmati rice here. As you know, Basmati rice has a wonderful aroma and flavor. Hence it is the best rice variety for pulao recipes.
Even if you do not have basmati rice in stock, you can prepare with normal rice.
Recipe Source here.
Side dish Recipe suggestions:
Any manchurian gravy, paneer gravies, raita(Many like to have raita for pulao as it is quite easy to prepare). Click on the below links to check out the recipes for side dishes.
Corn Pulao | Sweet Corn Rice | Sweet Corn Pulao Recipe:
Corn Pulao | Sweet Corn Rice | Sweet Corn Pulao Recipe
Preparation Time:10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Serves: 2-3 approx
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Basmati Rice - 1.5 cups(1 cup = 200 ml)
- Sweet Corn Kernels - 3/4 cup
- Water - 1.5 cups + 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Mint Leaves - To taste or 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves - To taste or 2 tbsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic - 5 to 6 flakes
- Cashews - 7
- Black Pepper - To taste or 1 tsp(if whole) or 1/2 tsp(if powdered)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Elachi/Cardamom - 2 nos
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Green Chilli - 2 slit
Instructions - Corn Pulao | Sweet Corn Rice | Sweet Corn Pulao Recipe:
1. Rinse the rice and soak with 1.5 cups of water. Keep it aside. The rice should get soaked in water for sometime. So, do this step at first. If you are using a fresh corn, clean it and take out the kernels. If you are using frozen corn, just clean it and keep aside.
2. Take ginger, garlic flakes, pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cashew in a mixer. Add little water. Grind them to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil and ghee in pressure cooker. Add the bay leaf, green chilli, cardamom and saute for a minute. Add the ground paste into the cooker and saute till the raw smell goes away. Add sweet corn kernels, required salt and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice along with soaked water and milk. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves. Allow it to boil. Once it is boiled, check salt and water. Adjust them if required. I have added 1/2 cup water in this stage. Mix well. Close the lid of the cooker and cook for 12 minutes in low flame.
Corn pulao is ready to serve. Serve the sweet corn rice with your favorite side dish.
Hope you liked the sweet corn pulao recipe. If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.