Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe with tomato - How to make pasta sauce at home:
Homemade pasta sauce recipe I have shared here is an easy and quick pasta sauce recipe and can be made from fresh tomatoes at home. To my surprise, the taste was very good and better than even the store bought pasta sauces. My hubby who does not prefer pasta recipes loved this pasta. Even when I buy Maggi Pasta, I buy it for me alone since both my hubby and kid do not eat it. But they both love the pasta made with this home made tomato pasta sauce.
About the taste of homemade tomato Italian pasta sauce:
It is a sweet, spicy and tangy as well. You can adjust the quantity of dry red chillies according to your taste. You can omit adding the red chillies or reduce the quantity when you prepare the sauce for kids. You can also adjust the quantity of sugar. You can add more number of red chillies for spicy pasta lovers.
You can store it in fridge and use it up to a week. I always prefer to consume it within 2 days since the flavor tends to reduce if we store any food item for a long time.
Ingredients you should not miss to get a nice flavor:
Tomato is the main ingredient. But olive oil, oregano and garlic flakes takes the taste of the pasta sauce many steps ahead. In worst case, Olive oil can be substituted with any edible oil and oregano can be replaced with any dried herbs or basil leaves. No substitution for garlic flakes.
Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe with tomato - How to make pasta sauce at homePrep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 Mins | Serves: 2
Recipe Category : Easy Homemade pasta sauce recipes
- Tomatoes - 3 ripened medium size
- Water - to boil the tomatoes and 100 ml for making sauce
- Big onion - 1 finely chopped
- Oregano - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic flakes - 6
- Red chillies - 3 no
- Black Pepper powder - 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Sugar - 2 tsp or as required
- Oil - 1 tbsp(Olive oil or sesame oil preferably)
1. Clean the tomatoes and boil them in enough water. Boil it till you see the outer skin of the tomatoes starts peeling off. Switch off the stove. Drain the excess water and allow the tomatoes to cool down. You can use the drained water later. Peel off the skin completely once the tomatoes cool down. Grind the tomatoes and dry red chillies in a mixie and make a fine paste without lumps.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent. Add garlic flakes and saute till the raw smell goes off. Add the ground tomato and red chillies paste in the pan. Add oregano, required salt, pepper powder and sugar. Add 100 ml water(you can use the drained one). Allow the mixture to boil till it reaches the sauce consistency. Switch off the stove.
To make tomato pasta with the homemade pasta sauce:
Boil the pasta with required water, 1 tsp oil and salt for 8 minutes. Drain the excess water and run the pasta through cool water. Add pasta, tomato sauce and grated cheese(optional) in a pan and mix well till the pasta sauce blends with the pasta well.
Enjoy pasta with homemade pasta sauce!! Stay tuned for more interesting pasta recipes :)