Thiratu Pal - Theratti Pal Recipe - Easy Indian Milk Sweet Recipes
Thiratu Pal - Theratti Pal Recipe - Easy Indian Milk Sweet Recipes:
Thiratu Paal - Easy Festival recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins |
Recipe Category : Sweet
- Milk - 500ml
- Sugar - 150g
- Powdered jaggery - 150g
- Coconut - 1/2 of a piece grated
- Cardomom powder - 2 tsp
- Cashews - 1 tbsp chopped
- Ghee - 75 ml + 4 tsp
- Moong dal - 40g
1. Dry roast moon gal. Saute it till it turns to golden brown color. Take care not to burn it. Cool down and grind it in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep it aside.
2. Grind grated coconut in a mixer for 2 seconds without water. It should not be a fine powder. It is to make thiratu paal a crunchy one. The texture will also look good.
3. Add milk, jaggery, sugar, coconut in a pan. Do not add water.
4. Once the mixture starts boiling, add moong dal powder and cardomom powder. Stir frequently to avoid the thirattu pal sticking to the pan. Stir it till it becomes non sticky. Switch off once thriatu pal becomes a thick paste or like milk khova. Bubbles will also start coming at this stage. That is the right stage to switch off. The whole process takes 30 - 35 minutes for 500ml milk. Transfer it immediately to the storage container. Pour 3 tsp melted ghee over the thiratu pal.
5. Fry cashews in 1 tsp ghee till they turn to golden brown color. Add it to the thiratu pal.
Thiratu pal is ready to serve. This milk sweet will be very tasty and crunchy. You can add more ghee if you want. Also, you can replace sugar with jaggery. Adjust the quantity according to your taste.
If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.