Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe | Make Eggless Chocolate Cake in Pressure Cooker:Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe - Learn how to make eggless chocolate cake in pressure cooker with step by step instructions and pictures. You can use the same ingredients with same measurements and bake in your oven too. Make this vegetarian chocolate cake without eggs and you will make it again and again.
I have made this eggless chocolate cake as birthday cake for my kid. I made my first pressure cooker cake for my hubby's birthday. Then I made several cakes in pressure cooker itself. I made Eggless Semolina Cake for my hubby's birthday. I have decided to make eggless chocolate cake for my little chocolate boy on his birthday.
I have seen several cakes which were spoiled by adding too much of eggs. Though I am a vegetarian, I eat cakes but avoid which have too much smell of the eggs. In this vegetarian eggless chocolate cake recipe, I have substituted egg with curd. We do not need more curd as this is chocolate cake.
When it comes to birthday cakes or special occasion cakes, I use plain flour/maida for baking to get the bakery style cakes. I stick to semolina(Rava in Tamil) or whole wheat flour when it comes to casual baking at home for my family. They are healthier than the plain flour. You can check the rava cake recipe.
Also Read: Pressure Cooker Cake Recipes
Eggless Cupcakes Recipe | Eggless Chocolate Cupcake Recipe | Egg free Cupcakes in Cooker - Step by Step instructions with picture1. Take powdered sugar and butter in a wide mixing bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. I used an electric blender to whisk. You can also use hand whisk.
2. Add plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla essence to the mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup milk. Combine everything to make the chocolate cake batter. You can additionally add 1 or 2 tbsp milk if the batter is too thick. The batter should be slightly thicker than idli dosa batter. I had to add additional 2 tbsp of milk for my eggless chocolate cake batter. Once the batter is ready, add curd and combine again. I would recommend to keep addition of curd at last so that you can adjust the measurement of curd according to its sourness. If the curd is too sour, reduce the quantity. Check the taste after adding 1 tsp and then add another tsp if required.
4. Preheating the cooker: Remove the gasket and whistle from the lid of the pressure cooker. Close the pressure cooker with the pressure cooker lid. Heat the cooker in high flame for 5 minutes. Do not add water.
6. Placing the perforate plate and cooking pan in the cooker: Once the cooker is preheated, open the cooker lid. Carefully place the separator/cooker plate. If you do not have cooker plate, you can use any similar perforate plate.
Then the cake pan inside the cooker on top of the separator plate. The cooker will be very hot. So, make sure that you use a good and steady pot holder to put the cake pan and plate inside the cooker.
About the lid to cover the cake: As I said, I have not used the cooker lid this time as some people say that cooker will be damaged though I am not sure how true it is. I just used a thick stainless steel lid. It was easy for me to check the progress frequently. Do not cover the entire cooker. You need to cover only the cake pan.
About Cooking time: My cake was ready in 25 minutes approximately. I cooked in low-medium flame. The time varies with the cake pan, pressure cooker, ingredients you use and the flame in which you cook.
How to check whether the cake is ready in cooker? The bottom of the cake which touches the pan should turn golden brown in color. You can see the edges of the cake also turning to golden brown in color. Insert a knife or tooth pick in the center of cake and take it out. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready. Once the cake is ready, switch off the flame and keep the semolina cake closed for 5 more minutes. After that, take the cake pan and turn it upside down and shake it slightly so that the cake comes out of the pan. Do not overcook the cake otherwise it will get burnt. So, frequent checking is important after 15 minutes of time. The bottom of the cake would have turned to a beautiful golden brown color once the cake is perfectly cooked. Remove the cake from the pan within 5 minutes after you switch off the stove. Otherwise the moisture content in the cake will start evaporating and the water drops back to the cake which will spoil the cake.
8. Topping: Topping is absolutely your choice. You can use frosting cream, nuts and dry fruits/cherry(you can aso add these before you place the pan inside the cooker either sprinkling them at the top or mixing with the batter), chocolate shavings, chocolate syrup or even nothing. I have spread chocolate glaze on top of the cake. I used homemade cream cheese frosting for writing and homemade veg fondants for decorating the birthday cake.
1. I always use thick stainless steel lid to cover the cake batter while cooking. I do not use pressure cooker lid to cover. It is believed that the cooker's safety valve and other parts might get damaged on long term usage. It is also easy to check the progress as and when we desire.
2. I placed the stainless steel bowls inside a container in which I usually cook rice. It is easy to cover the batter instead of closing individual bowls if placed directly on the perforated plate. It is also easy to handle.
3. I always use my Prestige Deep pressure pan to make pizza, cookies and cupcakes as it is wide and accommodate more quantity at a time than normal pressure cooker. You can also make in normal pressure cooker but you cannot cook more cupcakes in one shot.
4. The cooking time varies depending on several factors like the intensity of the stove's flame, thickness of cooker & container, batter consistency, ingredients and so on.
5. If you are making cakes in pressure cooker for first time, keep checking the consistency after 15 minutes. It might extend the cooking time. But you can make sure that the cupcakes do not get burnt.
6. You can follow the same recipe and cook in oven. It will take 20-22 minutes approx.
7. The cupcakes were good for 3 days even without refrigeration. I do not know how long they will be good as they were finished up in 3 days.
Don't forget to check my other pressure cooker cake recipes.
You might also like Eggless Chocolate brownie recipe.
If you have any doubt in the process, feel free to comment your query. Happy pressure cooker baking!!