Dominos Garlic Bread Recipe - Garlic Bread Recipe Without Oven:
Dominos Garlic Bread Recipe: I have made this Dominos style Garlic Bread Recipe without oven. I made it in Pressure cooker. You can follow the same recipe and bake in your oven too to get Dominos garlic breadsticks. The only difference I noticed between making with oven and without oven is the little more crispy breadsticks(only slightly) when baked in oven.
But I swear that you will get a super good garlic breadsticks even without oven. Believe me!! Try this recipe and you will believe.
Dominos Garlic Breadsticks is my son's favorite. Dominos Pizza holds only second position. Our Dominos order is never complete without Garlic bread and Cheese Dip.
Last weekend, I tried to recreate Dominos Garlic bread Recipe without oven. It was too good and we are all completely satisfied with the result. My kid loved it so much.
Here is the Dominos Garlic Bread Recipe for you all. This Garlic Bread recipe Without oven is explained with instructions to cook in pressure cooker. You can adapt this recipe and cook in your oven too. Now let us see how to make garlic bread.
Now let us see Dominos Style Garlic Bread Recipe with step by step pictures.
- Take 1/2 cup lukewarm water in a very big mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp sugar and 3/4 tsp active dry yeast in the bowl. Leave it for 10 minutes or till the yeast gets activated, starts bubbling and gets dissolved in water. Stir the mixture gently to dissolve the yeast completely in water if required. Use a wide and very big mixing bowl as we can use the same bowl till the dough gets doubled. Otherwise you might need to change the bowls unnecessarily.
- Peel of the garlic flakes and grind them in a mixer grinder to a fine paste and keep it ready. Do not add water for grinding.
- Add Maida, salt, ground garlic paste and oregano in the bowl. Mix well. Knead it well till the you get a soft, smooth and stretchable dough with the help of Olive oil. Add extra maida if the dough is very sticky. Add olive oil if the dough is not smooth. You can substitute olive oil with melted butter also. Now our garlic bread dough is halfway ready.
- Keep the garlic bread dough closed in a dry and warm place for 2 hours or till the dough becomes double in size. Better to check after half an hour since you have closed just to see if it is too sticky. Add little more maida and knead well in that case and keep it closed. I had to add little more maida since I felt the garlic bread dough is sticky. Once the garlic bread dough has become double in size, we are ready to make garlic breads.
- Preheat pressure cooker without gasket and whistle but with pressure cooker lid on for 5 minutes. Preheat in medium flame. I have used my Prestige Deep Popular Pan as it can accommodate larger garlic bread. I could cook 2 garlic breads simultaneously. Do not add water.
- Grease the cooking pan(choose wider pan like mine) with olive oil or melted butter generously. Spread sooji(rava) all over the plate. We are doing this to get crispy garlic breads(No, not exactly crispier like the ones baked in ovens, but it would be surely good enough).
- Expand garlic bread dough to form a half circle as we get in Dominos with your hand. The thickness of the garlic bread should be 1 inch. Keep the thickness evenly. I found that the thinner side of garlic breadsticks were hard after cooking. 1 inch is optimal thickness to get soft garlic breadsticks. You can stretch it with your hands or use a round plate to help you to get half round shape. Do not put pressure. Just do it gently. My cooking plate is a round shaped one. So, I directly spread the garlic bread dough on the plate. I made 2 garlic breads. Put halfway cuts in the garlic bread dough with a knife as shown in the picture. Do not cut it deeply. Apply melted butter on both sides of the garlic bread. You need to apply more butter on the bottom of the garlic bread as we are going to cook that side first. Be generous in applying.
- Place the garlic bread dough on the cooking pan with the cut side up if you have not yet done.
- Open the pressure cooker once it is preheated. Remove the cooker lid. Place the cooker plate or any other perforated plate inside the cooker as per the cooker instructions.
- Place the cooking pan on top of the perforated plate. Make sure that cooking pan does not touch the cooker directly on any side. Take a thick steel lid as shown in the picture. Close the cooking pan alone with the lid. You should not close the entire cooker. I never use my cooker lid to close it while baking without water as it might damage the cooker.
- Cook it in medium flame for 10 minutes approximately. The bottom of the garlic bread should start changing into golden brown color. Do not wait till the whole side to change in golden brown color. We do not need that as it is just the bottom of our garlic bread. If not done, cook for few more minutes. But keep checking once 10 minutes have crossed. Just cook till you see golden brown spots here and there. You can refer the picture in next point to understand it better.
- Take the cooking pan outside carefully. Take out the garlic breadsticks. Apply butter generously on the top of the garlic bread which have cuts. Before placing back the garlic bread to the top side down, check the quantity of rava. It might become lesser in quantity as some might have stuck to the cooked side. Sprinkle little more rava in that case.Turn the garlic bread upside down. Now we are going to cook the top of the garlic bread. You have to keep checking once 10 minutes have crossed. It is so important to have generous amount of butter applied to get the golden color.
- While the garlic bread is cooking, take 2 tbsp of butter and 1 garlic flake. Peel the garlic and cut it into two. Heat the butter in a kadai and add the garlic. Heat it till the garlic starts turning to brown color. Switch off and cool down. Remove the garlic flake from the butter, We just need the butter alone. The idea is to get the garlic taste infused into the butter.
- Once the garlic bread is cooked, taste a small part to test. If the garlic bread is ready, switch off the stove. Let the cooker set up continue to be in place as we need it again.
- Now turn the garlic bread. On top of the garlic bread, apply garlic infused butter(as required). Spread a little more rava again on top if required. Spread Oregano all over as much as you like. But be generous. Take a pinch of salt in your fingers and sprinkle all over the garlic bread. If you want to be more salty, add little more. But add pinch by pinch.
- Keep the garlic bread upside down(previous position - topper side down). Keep the cooking plate again on top of the perforated plate. Close it with another new bigger lid(not the previous one). Cover the entire cooker. But this time we are not going to switch on the stove. Keep it for 5 minutes on the switched off stove. Now dominos style homemade garlic breadsticks is ready to serve.