Veg Burger Recipe - How to make veg burger and patty at home:
Please note that this is a very old post which I published in the year of 2013. I wanted to add this to my Healthy School Snacks Recipes for kids Indian series. So, I am publishing it again. I find this recipe as a simple one and it gives a nice break for regular snack items. Here goes the post. Last week, I tried various chutney recipes and had idli or dosa for most of the days. My hubby asked me to prepare different recipes which he likes from Marry Brown. He gave me a list including french fries, paneer wrap and chilli pops mainly. As yesterday was Monday, I wanted to start the week with something different. Yes, I came up with Veg Burger finally. I remember the days when my hubby used to buy veg burger for me whenever he went to spencers super market. It is near my old house and there is a mini burger shop outside the spencers. Okay. Coming to the veg burger, I was forced to prepare Eggless Mayonnaise without any second thought. Since I cannot skip Eggless Mayonnaise from the Veg burger since it gives a rich taste and texture to veg burger. The only different thing you need to have on hand is aniseed. Most of you might have it in your masala box. I had it luckily. Do not skip the aniseed to get a flavorful veg burger with similar taste to Marry Brown and other burger shops.
Veg Burger Recipe - How to make veg burger and patty at home
|Homemade Veg Burger|
How to make Veg Burger Recipe at home - Ingredients:
Veg Burger Recipe - How to make Veg Burger at homePrep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 Mins | Makes: 4 burgers
- Buns - 4
- Carrot - 2
- Potatoes - 3 big
- Cabbage - 4 tbsp chopped thin and lengthy
- Big onion - 3
- Tomato - 1
- Tomato sauce - 4 tbsp
- Cheese - 4 slices or shredded cheddar cheese
- Aniseed - 3 nos
- Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Red chilli powder - 1.5 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 4 tbsp minimum
|Homemade Veg Burger|
Veg Burger Recipe - Instructions:
1. Pressure cook potato, carrot and cabbage in separate containers in pressure cooker with enough water for 2 whistles. Hope you have mayonnaise ready. If not, prepare it now at home following my easy Eggless Mayonnaise recipe here.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the aniseed powder. Take 3 aniseeds(in the shape of star) and grind it in a mixer. Sieve the powder. Take only the fine powder and keep the rest for your use in other recipes.
3. Chop 2 big onions finely and keep aside.Chop one more big onion in round shape for dressing.
4. Chop one small tomato in round shape for keeping inside the burger.
6. Take the vegetables from pressure cooker once cooked. Peel off the skin from potatoes and mash well. Drain the water from carrot completely. Do not discard. Drink it since it is so healthy.
7. Heat oil in a pan and add aniseed powder. Add finely chopped onions immediately to avoid aniseed powder getting burnt. Saute well till the onions turn translucent.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till the raw smell leaves.
9. Add carrot, jeera powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well nicely. Switch off the stove.
10. Add this mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix well nicely.
11. Flatten them into patties like the shape of cutlet.
12. Drizzle oil in tawa and place the patties and toast them well in both sides as shown in the picture. I kept in medium flame till brown spots started appearing. Then I turned the stove to high heat to speed the process. Make sure that the patties do not get burnt.
|Veg burger Patty|
13. Now, we are ready to assemble the burger. First place the bottom half of the bun, spread cheese slices onto it. Place one patty above the cheese, then place 2 - 3 onion slices according to your preference.
15. Now add the mayonnaise generously and keep the other half of the bun. Now, the veg burger is ready. Press it gently. See how it looked inside.
1. It is not required to cook the cabbages. You can place as it is. But make sure to cut it into thin and lengthy pieces.
2. You can add peas and beans also. Cook them along with the carrots.
3. You can vary the order of assembling as you like.
4. The quantity of onion, tomato slices, tomato ketchup and mayonnaise can be varied according to your preference.
5. You can also place lettuce inside the burger.
Hope you like the homemade veg burger recipe. Check out updated list of healthy after school snacks recipes here - Easy to make snacks recipes.