Beetroot is a very good healthy vegetable especially for increasing the HB count. It has natural sweetness. So, kids will easily fall in love with it. Even me too:-)
Beetroot Poriyal recipe:
Beetroot - 2
Big Onion - 1 Finely chopped
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 3 tablespoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Urad dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Hing - 1/8 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 10
1. Cook the beetroot in pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
2. Fry the 'To Temper' items in oil.
3. Once the mustard seeds splutter, add onion. Fry till it turns to golden color.
4. Add cooked beetroot, turmeric and red chilli powders. Mix well.
5. Add grated coconut and mix well till the raw coconut smell goes away.
Now, the beetrool poriyal is ready to serve. Garnish with corriander leaves if you wish.