Chana Dal Chutney
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 3 mins | Serves: 2
Recipe Category : Side dish for idli and dosa
- Chana Dal/Kadalai Paruppu - 2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 100g
- Red chillies - 3
- Tamarind - A peanut size
- Salt - As required
- Coriander Leaves(optional) - To garnish
- Oil(Sesame oil tastes good) - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Small Onion shallots - 5 chopped finely
- Curry Leaves - few
Instructions:1. Heat 1/4 tsp of oil and roast red chillies in low flame. Set it aside.
2. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in the same pan. Roast chana dal in low flame till it starts changing color. Do not burn it. Just roast till nice aroma comes. Keep it aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add mustard seeds. Allow it splutter. Add urad dal and curry leaves. Saute till nice aroma comes. Add finely chopped small onions and saute till they turn translucent. Switch off the stove.
4. Once the roasted dal and red chillies cool down, grind them in a mixer with grated coconut, tamarind, salt and required water.
4. Transfer the ground chutney to a serving bowl and add the tempered items. Add required water and mix well before serving.
|Chana Dal Chutney|
Tasty and healthy chana dal chutney is ready to serve with Idli and Dosa.
Hope you liked the post of Chana Dal chutney recipe for Idli and Dosa. Try it and leave your valuable comments.
If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.