How to get Soft, Silky, Smooth and Shiny Hair Naturally At Home - Tips for Hair Smoothing at Home for both men and women.
When was the last time you envied the hair of another lady and thought, “How I wished I had such lovely, silky and shiny hair!” I exactly know the feeling and do not blame you for it, as almost every woman dreads for long shiny and silky hair. Absolutely nothing wrong in wishing for it but what is the effort you take to make your hair bouncy, soft, shiny, smooth and shiny? You may immediately console yourself saying that you use the best branded expensive shampoo and conditioner in the market! However, you must keep in mind that these are just temporary solutions that are short lived. Nothing beats the ancient herbal remedies that you can easily prepare at home and use. Not only are they safe to use but they are also not expensive and produce excellent results when used regularly.
By now, you would have guessed what the rest of the article is going to focus on. Yes! This article is going to shed light on the various safe home remedies that can be used by you to get shiny and silky hair.
Prior to that, let’s analyse the possible reason for dull rough hair. The outer most layer of your hair contains natural oils that are responsible for the shine and once this oil is reduced or damaged your hair becomes dull. Apart from this, other factors include:
- Over exposure to Sun
- Natural nutritional deficiencies
- Using harmful chemical products
- Not using a proper conditioner
- Stress related issues
- Excessive usage of hair styling tools
- High mineral content in water
- Frequent usage of hair color and dyes
- Lack of maintenance
How to get Soft, Silky, Smooth and Shiny Hair Naturally? Home Remedies and tips for Hair Smoothing for both men and women:
Here are some home remedies to get soft, silky and shiny hair naturally fast with natural remedies that work both for men and women and for all hair types like dull, frizzy, dry and oily hair.
Excellent Hair Masks for shiny, soft, smooth and silky hair:Egg:
Egg Hair Mask is one of the most popular and effective natural treatments for dull, dry and frizzy hair. With a lot of nutrients in it, egg is always trusted for hair smoothing at home by many women in this world to make the hair naturally smooth, soft, shiny and silky.
Eggs are one of the best home remedies for soft, silky, smooth and shiny hair as they contain:
- Essential proteins, lecithin and fatty acids that repair dull hair and make it smooth and shiny.
- Vitamin A, D, B-6, B-12, minerals and fats improve the hair texture and strength.
Few tips to note before making egg hair mask:
- Using egg hair mask can leave you unpleasant smell if you don't rinse your hair well with shampoo.
- Using egg white for preparing the hair mask is the best option for oily hair.
- Using egg yolk for preparing the hair mask is the best option is the best for dry hair.
- Do not forget to cover from root to tip.
- Please do not use hot water when using egg masks as the eggs will clot and removing them would become a very difficult process. Try to use cool water. You can also use lukewarm water if using cold water is not possible.
How to make egg hair mask to make the hair soft, shiny and silky?
- A basic egg hair mask can be prepared by simply mixing egg yolk and white. Apply it on your hair covering the entire scalp and hair strands. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with a shampoo or shikakai.
- You can add olive oil or coconut oil in equal proportion with egg to make egg hair mask.
- To a tsp of butter and a tsp of thick milk, you need to add 2 egg yolks in combination with a few drops of olive oil. Apply onto your hair and rinse after 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can prepare another hair mask by whipping 2 eggs and adding 2 tsp of almond oil and half a cup of yogurt. Apply this onto your hair and let it remain there for 30 minutes. Rinse with mild shampoo or shikakai and cold water.
Gelatin for soft, silky, smooth and shiny fast:
Similar to an egg mask treatment, gelatin masks are highly beneficial to get soft, shiny and silky hair at home naturally as Gelatin is,
- Rich in Hydrolysed, Keratin proteins that is excellent for damaged hair.
- Easily bonds with the hair.
- Makes hair shiny, smooth and silky if it applied regularly.
How to make Gelatin Hair Mask at home?
- Take 1 tbsp unflavored Gelatin powder. Add required water to make a simple gelatin hair mask.
- A combination of powdered unflavored gelatin, apple cider vinegar and honey in the ratio of 1:: 1: 1 to half a cup of water is an amazing hair mask that you can try.
- You can add coconut milk or coconut oil too for extra moisturzing effect.
Hibiscus to get soft, silky, smooth and shiny hair fast:
Hibiscus is one of the ancient home remedies that is being used for many hair problems. Whenever my mom comes from my native place, I ask her to bring a bunch of hibiscus leaves. I make hibiscus hair mask and apply it. You can see your hair conditioned very well. In fact, your hair looks thickened naturally. With hibiscus, hair smoothing at home has become easier for me.
Hibiscus is very much known to treat hair damage as it,
A simple process of grinding the leaves of the hibiscus plant in a blender with little amount of water and applying it specifically onto your scalp and roots of your hair has an amazing result. Give it a try and see!
- Prevents premature greying and makes the hair shiny.
- A proven organic and highly safe conditioner for your hair.
Add few hibiscus flower petals too if you have. If you don't have access to hibiscus plant, buy pure hibiscus powder and use it for making hibiscus hair mask.
Apart from hibiscus hair mask, you can use hibiscus oil regularly.
Aloe Vera is one of the best natural remedies to take care of the overall health of your hair.
Aloe Vera extracts contain:
- Anti-septic ingredients that prevent scalp infections and itchiness.
- Antioxidants and vitamins along with moisture make the hair healthy and strong.
- Essential minerals, amino acids and folic acid that is much needed for healthy and soft hair.
Apple is truly a wonder fruit that is highly beneficial for the hair as,
- Balances the pH level of the scalp.
- Packed with malic acid and alpha hydroxy acid, apples act an exfoliator and removes the dead cells on the scalp.
Hair Tonics and Conditioners to make your hair smooth, soft, shiny and silky:Coconut Oil:
The oil that is present in every household is an excellent oil that provides nourishment and increases the moisture content of your hair. Coconut oil is the trusted home remedies since ancient ages. Have you wondered why?
- The chemical composition of the oil enables it to penetrate deep into the cortex of the hair thereby, strengthening and moisturizing it from the inside.
- Contains Capric acid, lauric acid and other essential fatty acids that bind the proteins of the hair and protects the hair from breakage.
- Packed with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic ingredients.
- Contains vitamins E and K.
Another option is to add a few curry leaves to 2 tsp of coconut oil. You can crush amla and add that too. Heat it gently till black residue forms underneath the oil. Allow it to cool and apply onto your scalp. Rinse after 30 minutes.
Coconut Milk to make your hair soft, silky and shiny naturally:
Coconut milk is one of the easiest hair masks that you can prepare for hair smoothing at home. It serves as a great conditioner too.
Grate coconut and grind it along with milk. Filter it and apply the coconut milk on your hair from root to tip. Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing your hair. The advantage of coconut milk is you do not need to shampoo your hair if you rinse your hair with water thoroughly.
- Use drinking water to make the coconut milk.
- Try to extract thick coconut milk. You need to add only required amount of water. If you add so much of water, then it will be dripping.
Beer is good for your hair. That is the reason why Indian market is getting shampoos with beer nowadays. Beer contains
- Proteins, vitamins and nutrients that help to repair the damaged hair and also nourishes the hair.
- Sugar in the beer blocks the cuticles of your hair and thus, results in smooth and soft hair.
- It’s an excellent tonic that can be used to get beautiful lustrous hair.
Yogurt:Yogurt is a very good option to make your hair smooth, soft, shiny and silky at home.
- It is an excellent conditioner for your hair.
- Comprises of Vitamin B6 and B 12, lactic acid, proteins and fat, it is an extremely effective remedy for damaged hair.
A word of caution! All these home remedies would be effective in hair smoothing at home if and only if you follow the below-listed regimes on a regular basis.
- Follow a heathy diet.
- Oil your hair regularly.
- Get your hair trimmed at least once every 3 months.
- Use homemade hair care products or good hair care readymade products such as the herbal shampoos and conditioners that are available in the market.
And above all this, lead a happy and stress-free life to get a soft, silky and shiny hair naturally.