I wondered what is Okra before few years. Okra is known as Lady's finger outside United States. It is called as Vendakka in Tamil and Malayalam. Hope most of you know the pain of frying the Okra in oil. I like to taste it but not to cook. It requires us to make frequent supervision and frying. We cannot move here and there for sometime. So, I tried Okra Stew/Vendakka Pachadi last week. It came out very well. Of course, this is one of my mom's best recipes.
Okra Recipes - Okra Curry - Okra Stew | Ladies Finger Curry Recipe | Vendakka Puli Pachadi::
Okra Recipes - Okra Curry - Okra Stew | Ladies Finger Curry Recipe | Vendakka Puli Pachadi
Okra Stew | Vendakka PachadiPrep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 Mins | Serves: 2-3
Okra Stew | Ladies Finger Curry | Vendakka Pachadi or Rice, Idli & Dosa
- Ladies Finger | Okra - 15 nos
- Curd - 2 tsp
- Tamarind juice - 100ml extracted from one inch piece
- Jaggery - Small lemon size
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal - 0.5 tsp
- Hing - A pinch
- Curry Leaves - Few
1. Cut Ladies finger into small pieces as shown in the picture. Cut vertically into 4 parts except the tip of the Okra. And then cut horizontally to get small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the 'To Temper; items listed one by one after the mustard seeds splutter.
3. Add Okra/Ladies finger, tamarind juice, Red chilli powder and required salt and water.
4. Add jaggery powder once the Okra is cooked well. Mix well and switch off.
5. Allow it cool and add curd.
The Okra curry is ready now. You can give this to babies also. My kid likes it very much. I just add Vendakka pachadi to rice and feed him. I like this recipe since it has both sweet and tangy taste.
Hope you liked the post 'Okra Recipes - Okra Curry - Okra Stew | Ladies Finger Curry Recipe | Vendakka Puli Pachadi'. Try it and leave your valuable comments.
If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.