Indian Noodles Recipe | How to make Veg Noodles at Home Without Eggs from scratch:
Some of you might have already made up your mind to erase the word 'noodles' from your mind. Some of you might have been struggling to do it. Some of you cannot might have been addicted so much. What will be your reaction when you can make your own homemade noodles made from scratch? Won't your kids and the kid in you jump out of bed to treat your taste buds in a healthy way? At least in my case, it is yes. I made it from whole wheat flour especially to keep it quite healthy. You can make this veg noodles recipe and enjoy homemade noodles without any guilt and as when you like to have.
If you want to omit sauces from this Indian veg noodles recipe, I will tell you now how to do it. Slice one tomato and add after you saute onions. Saute it well before you add the other vegetables in the below Indian Style veg noodles recipe. Also, add 1 tsp sugar when you add vegetables if you prefer as you omit the other sauces. Then this veg noodles recipe will become purely homemade Indian veg noodles recipe.
My friend has asked me to tell this veg noodles recipe in Hindi. I can only read and write Hindi unfortunately:( We had a translator who is from Tamil Nadu and finally both of them made it and told me that their kids loved it so much. Hope your kid will also love the homemade noodles made using this Indian veggie noodles recipe. I have given detailed step by step instructions with pictures on how to make homemade noodles from scratch without eggs.
Now let us see the recipe for vegetable noodles. I am sure you will love this veggie noodles recipe so much. Bookmark this vegetable noodles recipe and you can make this as and when you desire without any guilty feeling.
Important Notes to get Non-sticky Noodles:
1. Mix generous amount of oil while kneading the noodles dough. I recommend using olive oil.
2. Remove the plates from idli pot as soon as the whole wheat flour noodles is cooked.
3. Transfer the noodles from idli plates to cold water immediately.
4. Keep it inside cold water till you add them in the final step with veggies.
Now, let us see the instructions with step by step pictures.
Homemade Indian Noodles Recipe from Scratch | How to make Veg Noodles at Home Without Eggs:
- Slice the vegetables to make veg noodles into thin and vertical slices.
- Dry roast whole wheat flour in a pan only till nice aroma comes. Switch off immediately. Don't burn it. Transfer the wheat flour to a mixing bowl and add required salt(1 or 2 pinches and not more than that). Give a quick stir to get the salt mixed with the whole wheat flour.
- Boil water in a pan in medium-high flame. Allow the bubbles to come vigorously. Switch off the stove. Add this boiling water to the mixing bowl immediately.
- Mix the whole wheat flour and water with a spoon till you can handle the noodles dough with your hand. Once the wheat flour mixture becomes warm, you can start kneading with your hands. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil when you start kneading with your hands. If you do not have olive oil, you can use sunflower oil. But olive oil gives nice aroma and taste. So, I recommend using olive oil.
- Knead and make a soft chapathi like dough. By this time, the whole wheat flour has become semi-cooked by the hot water and the raw taste of the whole wheat flour must have gone.
- Take the murukku press and multiple holes plate as shown in picture. Do not choose the one with very small holes. Otherwise it will become like idiyappam. Grease the press and plate with any oil.
- Take our regular idli pot. For our quantity of wheat noodles dough, we might need 2-3 idli plates. Grease the plates with oil.
- Place the wheat flour noodles dough inside the press. Start pressing the wheat noodles dough on the idli plates. Do not overcrowd it.
- Pour enough water inside the idli pot and place the plates with whole wheat noodles dough on it. Keep it closed and boil the idli pot in medium flame. It will take around 6-7 minutes approximately to get the wheat flour noodles dough cooked well. Switch off the stove. Open the pot and taste one string of noodles and check whether the wheat flour noodles is cooked well. If not cooked well, cook the wheat noodles dough for few more minutes.
- Transfer the cooked noodles to a pan. Add enough cold water to soak the noodles. Start separating the noodles from each other. You will find it quite easy to separate them. Drain the excess water.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan. You can take sunflower oil too. I recommend using olive oil. Add onion slices and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add carrot, capsicum and cabbage slices and add required salt. We have already added salt for wheat noodles dough. So, you have to add salt only for vegetables now.
- Sprinkle little water now and then and saute till the vegetables become half-cooked. If you are making it for very little kids, you can completely cook the vegetables.
- Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, green chilli sauce now. In high flame, mix them well with the vegetables and turn the flame to simmer.
- Add the wheat flour noodles now to the pan. Mix well without breaking the noodles till the noodles get coated with the sauces. Do not overcook the vegetable noodles. Now, your veg noodles made with wheat flour is ready to serve.
How to cook noodles?