Hello friends,If you like this blog, subscribe with your email address and like us on facebook in the side bar to get instant updates on the posts.
I was bored yesterday with the routine side dishes and also did not have time to make yummy recipes. When I was talking with my friend, she gave me the recipe of this tomato side dish. It tastes very well with Chapathi, roti. My hubby does not like to have normal onion-tomato side dish for Chapathi. But he liked this simple Tomato side dish which is nothing but a slight variation. This tomato side dish recipe is very simple and quick to prepare.
Easy Tomato Recipes - Tomato Side dish recipe
Tomato side dish recipe:
Tomatoes - 5
Cumin powder(Jeera powder) - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Salt - As required
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Grate tomatoes well. This ensures the tomato side dish tastes like a fine gravy.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the 'To Temper' items and fry till they splutter.
3. Add the tomatoes, jeera powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
4. Add salt and sugar.
5. Add little water as and when required.
6. Switch off the stove once the tomato is well cooked.
Hope you enjoyed this post on the recipe of tomato side dish. Kindly try and provide your valuable comments.